The Pyrenees Escape Route Challenge
Can you escape France?
What is it?
Running from Southwestern France into Spain, The Pyrenees trek is a once in a lifetime adventure. This challenging trek follows a World War Two escape route used by thousands of allied servicemen and Jewish refugees, taking you high into the Pyrenees mountains with ascents of approximately 2,500m, before descending into Spain.
Our guides will bring the exploits of the escapees to life, sharing the stories of the exceptional individuals who risked their lives for freedom, as well as the local people or “passeurs” who aided their escape. This trek is no easy feat. You’ll encounter harsh terrain and conditions, however nowhere as near as difficult as the individuals who risked it all to escape decades ago. Join us on this unforgettable adventure and commemorate these individuals, whilst supporting the Army family of today. Are you up for the challenge of escaping France?
- Airport transfers whilst on the trip
- Accommodation throughout (for more information on what type, please see the route)
- All meals and snacks, except breakfast and lunch on day 1 and lunch and dinner on day 6 (travelling days)
- Historical briefings
- Experienced tour guides and support crew
- A full bespoke training guide
- Discounts on equipment from Cotswold Outdoor
- Frontline Walk t-shirt and finishers medal
- Charity point of contact with regular newsletters and comms until the event
Where is it?
When is it?
1 - 6 September 2023
How much is it?
Registration fee: £150
Fundraising target: £1,850