The Frontline Walk is a 100km walking challenge, paying tribute to those that fought over 100 years ago in WWI whilst supporting the soldiers and veterans of today.
Choose The Western Front walk to follow in the footsteps of those who fought on the Somme and Passchendaele battlefields during the First World War. Covering 100km of the Western Front, the Walk starts at Lochnagar Crater, the location of the start of the Battle of the Somme, and finishes at the Menin Gate, with the Ceremony of the Last Post, where the top three fundraisers will lay a wreath on behalf of the Charity and all the other walkers.
The Western Front
What is it?
Covering 100km of the Western Front, the Walk starts at Lochnagar Crater, the location of the start of the Battle of the Somme, and finishes at the Menin Gate, with the Ceremony of the Last Post.
Where is it?
The Western Front of France & Belgium
When is it?
12th - 16th October 2022
How much is it?
Registration fee: £150
Fundraising target: £1,250pp (£600 due by 31st July 2022)
The fundraising target is £1,250, the first £600 of which covers all your transport, accommodation, food and support crew whilst on The Frontline Walk. The first £600 is due by the 31st July 2022 to confirm your place on the walk, the final balance is due by the 31st December 2022.
When you sign up, you'll be created a fundraising page which already has all the information about The Frontline Walk on it, all you need to do is add a photo, a little bit about yourself and start sharing your link! If you're stuck for ideas, we also have a Facebook group set up just for people taking part in The Frontline Walk who always have plenty of ideas to keep you going. Every year we, and the people who take part are amazed at the genorosity of the public in supporting our fundraisers.
- Return transport from London
- All transfers whilst on the trip
- Accommodation throughout on a twin room ensuite basis (single rooms available at an additional cost)
- All meals and snacks, except breakfast on day 1 and lunch on day 5
- Trip historian
- Experienced tour guides and support crew, including medical support
- A full bespoke training guide
- Discounts on equipment from Cotswold Outdoor
- Frontline Walk t-shirt and finishers medal
- Charity point of contact with regular newsletters and comms until the event
See a selection of photos from the Western Front walk below.
Photography © Ed Smith Photography: http://edsmithphotography.com/