Created in 2007 and first taking place in 2008, The Lord Mayor's Big Curry Lunch is the City of London's hottest annual event.
Be part of an incredible series of events that raise money to help those who have served in Her Majesty's Armed Forces, in Iraq and Afghanistan.
12.00 pm - The Lunch opens
Sponsor and Ticket Package guests arrive at Guildhall through the private entrance in Basinghall Street.
Drinks are available in the reception area in the Livery Hall, where a complimentary glass of champagne is served. Drinks are also available from the free bars, serving beer, wine and soft drinks.
For individual guests and smaller groups, enter Guildhall through the Art Gallery entrance and make their way to the Old Library for drinks, either at the free bars or from the Champagne and Cocktails bars.
There are many activities at the Lunch where guests can:
- bid in the Silent Auction
- take part in the Prize Draw
- visit the ‘Diamond and Champagne’ and ‘Watch and Cocktail’ bars for the chance to win a diamond necklace or a British handmade bespoke watch
Lunch (three sittings) - Lunch takes place for all guests in the Great Hall and food is served buffet-style; seating is unreserved, so guests can meet and network with others
12.30 pm First Lunch sitting begins
1.15 pm Second Lunch sitting begins
2.00 pm Third Lunch sitting begins
Post-Lunch Once guests finish lunch in the Great Hall they are welcome to explore all the special extras offered throughout Guildhall. These include:
- In the South Ambulatory, there are Livery Stalls held by the Worshipful Companies of Bakers, Feltmakers and Gardeners selling a range of items, including knitwear and fresh fruit. Also the three Charity's merchandise stalls and well-known authors signing their books
- Coffee and chocolates are available for all guests in the Print Room. The free bars in the Livery Hall and Old Library reception areas remain open for all guests
- Continue bidding in the Silent Auction
- Take part in the Prize Draw
- Re-visit the ‘Diamond and Champagne’ or ‘Watch and Cocktail’ bar for the chance to win a diamond necklace or a British handmade bespoke watch
- Enjoy the commemorative garden in Guildhall Yard, designed by the Worshipful Company of Gardeners
- A take-home bag is offered to all departing guests
- The In-Pensioners of the Royal Hospital Chelsea also collect donations at each exit to Guildhall
2.45 pm Prizes are drawn in the Old Library for the ‘Diamond and Champagne’ and ‘Watch and Cocktail’ bar raffles by the Lady Mayoress
3.00 pm The Lunch closes