Support teams are a vital part of the event and Yompers could not complete the challenge without their help – it is a hugely important role and we want them to feel part of the event.
Up to two support team crew will receive breakfast on the Saturday morning and dinner at checkpoint 3 – Kirkton of Glen Isla (Silver finish) – on Saturday evening as well as breakfast on Sunday morning. Support crews are welcome to join the Friday night feast. Tickets are £10 per person and can be purchased by participants when they register. Additional tickets can be purchased in advance by calling Yomp HQ on 020 7811 3223.
What are the support team’s key roles on the day?
- to look after any team member who drops out along the route
- to be a familiar face, laden with treats and moral support whenever they need it
- to help administer basic first aid support to any team member who needs it – you may need to attend to a few blisters, for example
- to carry additional equipment for the participating team around the route, including food, drink and spare kit
- to keep in contact with your team via mobile phones when necessary